1st Annual JORBA Bike Festival – A Celebration of New Jersey Mountain Biking
The goal of the “fest” is to promote responsible trail stewardship and cycling advocacy and awareness in New Jersey. The festival will feature events and activities for all ages and all cycling disciplines; mountain, road, cyclocross, cruiser, BMX, unicycles, you name it; all are encouraged to visit and enjoy this fun filled day, for the whole family.
JORBA is going to need a boatload of volunteers to assist with all sorts of things. Why volunteer? Its fun! However, if you’re not convinced of that, perhaps we can tempt you with free admission (ok the event is free), free on-site camping with the JORBA and a special post-fest-party then you’re not reachable. So, if you’d like to assist for part of the day helping run the Fest, please contact email@example.com.
- Guided trail rides in Allamuchy, Deer Park and Stephens State Park for all skill levels, including womens only rides and a kids ride
- A Poker Run sponsored by Cycle Craft with a $500 Gift Card as Grand Prize
- A massive raffle, your local Bike Shops have outdone themselves! Grand Prize: Giant XTC hardtail, others prizes TBA.
- Pro demonstration by trials legend and local NJ rider Jeff Lenosky
- A guided Mountain Bike Night Ride
- Trail maintenance and trail building demonstrations by a certified JORBA Trail Wookie
- “Skinny” contest!
- Skills clinics for all ages by Cycle Works’ own John Nichols
- Demo trailers from Giant, Specialized (more TBA). Ride it before you buy it!
- Shop vendors with lots of great deals
- Meet and greet State and County Park representatives
- Kids events including bike decorating contest and kids race
For all other details please visit the JORBA Bike Festival website.